Managing Principal (Tampa)
Sabal Trust Company, Florida’s largest independent trust company, is seeking an investment leader to join our relationship management team located in Tampa, Florida. Each team works directly with clients and is responsible for ensuring that needs are met, and service is delivered at the highest level. Teams are comprised of investment personnel and support staff as well as fiduciary trust administrators. The team works together to achieve company sales goals.
Primary responsibility is to lead a team by managing personnel, strengthening existing relationships, generating new business and developing community contacts. This position requires understanding of corporate goals and ability to foster teamwork within the Tampa office as well as the entire company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and motivate team members towards office and company goals.
- Communicate with clients and prospects with an emphasis on investment advice.
- Maintain a good working knowledge and understanding of investment management and trust administration.
- Coordinate with members of the team to assist in delivery of services to exceed client needs and expectations.
- Assist with the new business development initiative to exceed team sales goals by collaborating with attorneys, CPAs, financial planners, and other investment professionals.
- Research potential markets, develops new relationships and initiates contact with prospects and business partners.
- Help other team members to identify sales and referral opportunities from clients and business partners.
- Contribute to the strategic planning of the company through managing expenses for the St. Petersburg office, ensuring compliance standards are met, using sound judgment and sharing past business experience.
- Effectively mentor junior personnel
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Experience with managing personnel and leading a successful team within the financial services market.
- Ability to proactively communicate with clients and centers of influence.
- Willingness to lead a team in the new business development process.
- Strong sales acumen.
- Possess a track record showing the ability to manage a team of professionals and to acquire new client relationships.
- Ability to share investment knowledge as well as be an example to others.
- Exceptional work ethic, integrity, team spirit and judgment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to clients, business partners and management.
- Strong community and client relationship management skills.
- Desire to participate in organizations within the local community.
- Willingness to live in the Tampa market.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs.
Educational / Previous Experience Recommendations:
- Minimum of 10 – 15 years in Investment Management and/or Trust Administration with a sales bias. Must have a track record showing progressive growth of responsibilities as well as stability.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience within the financial services industry.
- Bachelor’s degree with CFA, CIMA or CFP designation is required; Master’s degree is a plus.
- Experience in the Tampa Bay market will be given preference.
Sabal Trust Company is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
SABAL TRUST COMPANY
Attention: Personnel Coordinator
P.O. Box 16508
St. Petersburg, FL 33733
Or Fax 727-822-3423
Equal Opportunity Employer