Junior Investment Analyst (St. Petersburg)
Sabal Trust Company is Florida’s largest independent trust company, with over $2.7 billion in assets under management. We are seeking a Junior Investment Analyst to join our Investment Strategy Group (ISG) which is responsible for developing and managing investment strategies for the firm. This position provides support to the Co-Portfolio Managers of the Sabal Dividend Growth strategy, our fixed income operations, and the firm’s Chief Investment Officer (CIO).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examine and interpret data to assess economic and market trends, earnings prospects, and other indicators to determine suitable investments.
- Maintain financial models for use in company projections, analysis, and in-depth research on companies in coverage universe.
- Screen for new stock ideas to present to Co-Portfolio Managers and the ISG and articulate risk/reward payoff for each recommendation.
- Draft and write research reports for Co-Portfolio Managers and the ISG.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the ISG and as requested by the CIO.
- Meet with Co-Portfolio Managers and the ISG to provide summaries of research and investment ideas.
- Work with the ISG to maintain a diversified Conviction List of stocks.
- Interact with the Co-Portfolio Managers and CIO on research-related issues.
- Assist in managing fixed income trade activity including account liquidations, buying/selling of individual securities, swaps, checking overbalances.
- Coordinate trade execution, recording and settlement of transactions. Gain proficiency with trading platforms.
- Update firm’s portfolio managers on corporate actions.
- Split time equally between Fixed Income and Equities.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Level I or II candidate in CFA program preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas to the ISG and firm’s Portfolio Managers.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office, FactSet, Bloomberg and other financial data management tools.
- Advance Microsoft Excel skills.
- Must have a track record showing employment stability.
- Exceptional work ethic, integrity, team spirit and judgment.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and task orientation.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks.
Sabal Trust Company is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Relocation package is negotiable. For consideration, please forward your resume to:
SABAL TRUST COMPANY
Attention: Personnel Coordinator
P. O. Box 16508
St. Petersburg, FL 33733
Or Fax 727-822-3423
Equal Opportunity Employer