Investment Analyst (St. Petersburg)
Sabal Trust Company is Florida’s largest independent trust company, with over $2.7 billion in assets under management. We are seeking an Investment Analyst to join our Investment Strategy Group (ISG) which is responsible for developing and managing investment strategies for the firm. This position provides support to the Co-Portfolio Managers of the Sabal Dividend Growth strategy, our fixed income operations, and the firm’s Chief Investment Officer (CIO).
Fixed Income Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing fixed income trade activity including account liquidations, buying/selling of individual securities, swaps, checking overbalances.
- Consolidate, execute, and reconcile bond trades for multiple retail teams.
- Closely monitor open trades for accuracy. Resolve issues for timely settlements.
- Handle sale of illiquid/ international securities and support non-DTC settlements.
- Field high volume of trade-related inquiries (retail teams, brokers, and custodian.
- Maintain effective relationships with internal (Portfolio managers) and external (broker/dealers) stakeholders.
- Serve as liaison between brokers and custodian for trade settlements.
- Support credit analysis and new bond recommendations.
- Assist with communications regarding credit events for existing bond holdings.
- Support portfolio monitoring processes to identify risk.
- Support broker due diligence process.
Equity Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain financial models for use in company projections, analysis, and in-depth research on companies in coverage universe.
- Screen for new stock ideas to present to Co-Portfolio Managers and the ISG and articulate risk/reward payoff for each recommendation.
- Examine and interpret data to assess economic and market trends, earnings prospects, and other indicators to determine suitable investments.
- Draft and write research reports for Co-Portfolio Managers and the ISG.
- Meet with Co-Portfolio Managers to provide summaries of research ideas.
- Work with the ISG to maintain a diversified Conviction List of stocks.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in weekly meetings with the ISG and as requested by the CIO.
- Monitor, analyze, and execute corporate action functions for retail teams.
- Monitor/Maintain documentation for quarterly and annual SEC filings.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Level I or II candidate in CFA program preferred.
- Entry level work (1-3 years) experience. Track record showing employment stability.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office, FactSet, Bloomberg and other financial data management tools (PLUS: Tradeweb, MOXY).
- Advance Microsoft Excel skills.
- Attention to detail, exceptional work ethic, integrity, team spirit and judgment.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, ability to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight within tight deadlines.
- Intellectual curiosity to learn, question, adapt, and pivot.
- Ability to maintain accurate and complete records.
Sabal Trust Company is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Relocation package is negotiable. For consideration, please forward your resume to:
SABAL TRUST COMPANY
Attention: Personnel Coordinator
P. O. Box 16508
St. Petersburg, FL 33733
Or Fax 727-822-3423
Equal Opportunity Employer