Sabal Trust Company is Florida’s largest independent trust company, with over $2.5 billion in assets under management. We are seeking an Investment Analyst to join our Investment Strategy Group which is responsible for developing and managing investment strategies for the firm. This position provides support to the Co-Portfolio Managers of the Sabal Dividend Growth strategy and the Chief Investment Officer (CIO).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Examine and interpret data to assess economic and market trends, earnings prospects, and other indicators to determine suitable investments.
- Maintain financial models for use in company projections, analysis and in-depth research on companies in coverage universe.
- Screen for new stock ideas to present to Co-Portfolio Managers and Investment Strategy Group and articulate risk/reward payoff for each recommendation.
- Draft and write research reports for Co-Portfolio Managers and the Investment Strategy Group.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Investment Strategy Group and as requested by the CIO.
- Meet with Co-Portfolio Managers and the Investment Strategy Group to provide summaries of research and investment ideas.
- Work with the Investment Strategy Group to build and maintain a strong, well-diversified Conviction List of stocks.
- Interact with the Co-Portfolio Managers and CIO on research-related issues.
- Assist as a backup for fixed income trading.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required and CFA designation (or Level II Candidate in CFA program) preferred.
- Must have a track record showing employment stability.
- Exceptional work ethic, integrity, team spirit and judgment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to high net worth clients, internal investment management teams and executives.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office programs, FactSet, Bloomberg and other data management tools.
Sabal Trust Company is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Relocation package is negotiable. For consideration, please forward your resume to:
SABAL TRUST COMPANY
Attention: Personnel Coordinator
P. O. Box 16508
St. Petersburg, FL 33733
Or Fax 727-822-3423
Equal Opportunity Employer